If I had one day where I could do whatever I wanted I would go to the countryside where I could relax the whole day. There would be golden fields that stretch all the way to the horizon. There is no rowdy noise like there is in the city, everything is quiet, still, and peaceful. In the countryside has only a couple of roads made out of dirt and sand. The sky is clear blue and there are a few clouds that are pure white. The weather is perfect; it’s not too cold and it’s not too hot. It’s warm with a slight cool breeze. No buildings blocking my view of anything. You can see the full field with a few trees accompanying the scenery. It would be a place where I could let all my thoughts out, let go of all my worries, and just enjoy myself. The breeze would take my stress away as it blows. Sometimes I think being in a day without any electronic devices such as computer, phone, and music players would be relaxing. Everyone is so caught up with using electronic devices that they don’t know what it’s like to be without them. Without them people can communicate with each other more. People become more open minded about their surroundings and notice things more easily.
2. If you had one weekend to spend 10,000 dollars, and you had to spend it, what would you do/buy?
-I would make sure my family stays healthy for the rest of our lives. I really dont know.
3. If you could go back in time to change any one event, what would it be, and how would changing it affect the world moving forward FROM THAT POINT?
-Save President Lincoln, I predict that the world might have been less racist, well at least america. and i think there would have been more freedom to different races other than white people, like even now I feel that there is a big issue with racism even at our school.
4. If you could un-invent something, what would it be and why would you un-invent it?
-electric chair, I think it's so cruel, I dont think they use it so often anymore but still, i would have those destroyed. and drugs I wish they weren't there, it hurts the people's health so much. I know that the people that do drugs do it for a purpose whether its to make them feel better or just because they need to but there are so many things that taste better and smell better than you could bet sucking on then cigarettes or tabacco or etc.
5. What film most accurately resembles your life? Make the connections clear using traits/aspects/characteristics/character
- I think the movie 13 going on 21 resembles my life. Well not my really .... It's about a girl who is 13 and her dream is to become 21 so she can be free and do whatever she wants, and thats how I feel sometimes. Like sometimes in life I wish I were older so that I dont have to listen to my mothers constant yelling about how to study and what to do next as if she were my manager. But then when i think about that I regret right after for evening thinking such things with the most wonderful parents that I could ever wish for. Thats what happens to the girl, she wishes to become 21 and she gets that wish. So she gets to experience the life of a 21 year old and realizes that, its not what she wants and wishes to become 13 again and live and experience the 8 years she missed out on.
6. SHORT ANSWER: What is the best not chocolate dessert?
Living the fifteen years of my life, there were so many different things I desired to become, it seemed to change consistently. For example, I wanted to become a dentist, a teacher, a children’s doctor, and the most recent ones I thought I wanted to become were a translator, a pharmacist, an optometrist or an athlete. But those occupations were all chosen without much thought. Of course, the well-known pressure of the Asian parents and grandparents also effected my decisions as well. Thinking of it now I never wanted to do anything to do with medical studies. Honestly, when I was younger, I thought some sort of doctors was the only occupation that existed. Recently, I figured that I’ve been practicing a lot of my art skills since I was in grade school. I had private art teachers who were professionals from top art school and I realized that I had a lot of passion in designing clothes, photography, and filming. All of the three listed I’ve practiced. I attended multiple filming/photography camps. I took an internship to work with one of my relatives in the filming industry, while I was visiting
I dream school has always been University of Southern California (USC). My father attended that university for his graduate school to finish his studies in engineering material science, I remember promising my father that I would make it to the same school he did.
I can also imagine myself being active with sports because I enjoy working out. I also think, I would be married, well I would like to! I’m not sure about children but I’ve wanted to have a daughter a while ago, I really don’t think about having children. I think my life would be less boring with children though.
1. What is your favorite book?
- My favorite book was the The Secret Garden written by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It was about a bad-tempered girl, Mary Lennox who lives in India with her parents. Her father is a handsome captain of the army and her mother was a beautiful woman. Mary never was allowed to see her parents. All of sudden there is a natural disaster that happens near her home and her parents and everyone there die. Some soldiers later find her and since she no longer has parents, she is considered an orphan. Her uncle, Archibald Craven, decides to take her in. Her uncle lives in a Misselthwaite Manor, which is like a mansion that has over hundred rooms. Archibald Craven locked all of them up after his wife's death. Mary finds her sickly cousin and together the unlock many hidden secrets within their house. It's a really lovely story~
2. If you could/had to live in any country besides the United States, where would it be?
- I would live in Korea. In Korea, I think it would be more comfortable because Korean is my first language, it would make my communication easier. Since my family, in particular, have kept our traditions, it would be easy for me to get used to the environment quickly. I'm not really interested in living in any other parts of the world to be honest.
3. Who is your favorite superhero?
- I don't really have a favorite superhero anymore but before I used to love Super Man. I always wanted to be able to have supernatural powers like he did. Maybe not the ultra super strength power but I wanted to be able to fly. I wouldn't really want to protect anyone either. I was always amazed everytime he would fly.
4. If you could change any one law, what would it be?
- I would change the driving law, because it's not fair that just up to now students could get their permits but now we have to wait until we are sixteen. The restriction is cut off at a weird point too. For the people born in 1993 the law allowed people born from January up to June. What about the rest of the people born in 1993? I don't think this law is fair, if they want to cut off the line, then I would cut off up to December 1993.
5. Is life a matter of reality or is it all just based on perception?
- I really don't know how to answer this.
6. Is it better to be too hot or too cold?
- It's better to be too cold. You can keep putting on more clothes and more clothes but if it's too hot, you can't keep taking off or keep cooling yourself down.
7. Which is better: to get in a car accident that isn't your fault and lose a leg or to get into a car accident that is your fault and kill an old lady?
- If the accident was my fault and I killed an old lady, wouldn't that be bad for me? I think I'd rather lose a leg because I could live with one leg but I don't think I could live on knowing that I made the car accident and killed an innocent person.
8. Do you believe that pain and suffering is a necessary part of life?
- Yes, I think pain and suffering may be a part of life. Whether it's necessary or not. Even if we have pain and suffering we also have joy and happiness too.
9. Is animal testing acceptable?
- No it's not acceptable because animals aren't less than what we are. It's not okay to test on humans so it shouldn't be okay to test on animals.
10. Do you believe that ghosts exist?
- Yes I believe that ghosts do exist, they just don't appear in front of certain people. I think it only appears in front of people with weak minds that are easy to hinder.
11. Do you believe that you can never have too much of a good thing?
- Yes because I think there needs to be a good and bad to have good things happen. If there wasn't a bad then we wouldn't know what was good and what was bad.
12. Do you believe that school is the best way to make a person smarter?
- No, there are more people in this world that don't go to school then the people that go to school. I think living your life in the "real" world rather than being at school can get someone smarter. People say that school prepares you for the outside world, but I think being in the outside world and experiencing the things that could happen can make one stronger and a smarter person.
- I think it is fair enough because if we had two people exchanging their items, they would both have to be consent with it. They can't physically contact each other, so no fighting. One person can't really force the other person to buy their goods.
14. Do you believe that war can be justified?
- No, I think instead of going to war, we should negotiate about the problem and solve it with words. War is pointless because we just have people dying and dying and sometimes we never get any good results from it just death.
15. If you could switch your gender, but it had to be permanent, would you?
- No, I like the way I am.
16. Do you think you are anyone's favorite person in the world?
- I'm not sure..... Maybe my parents' favortites if not my sister's
17. Did you fully support all of your answers or just give short/one word answers?
- I tried!! ^^
I am deathly-afraid of birds. I am afraid of them flying away all of a sudden when people chase them. Knowing my fear, my sister would always run into a crowd of birds and make them fly away. Whenever my sister finds a feather on the ground she would come towards me and flap it around me annoyingly. The scariest part of birds is when they flap their wings, it sounds like it’s going to attack. From ducks I loathe how they quack, it sounds like it’s angry at you. Usually, younger children enjoy going to the park but it was a horror if my mother asked me if I wanted to go to the park. It was the worst place in the universe. It was like hell, because there were ugly, disgusting pigeons everywhere, pooping everywhere. The worst is when there are ducks and geese, too.
The problem is I never lost that fear. Even today I hate birds, not only chickens, ducks and geese, but all birds.